I’m always experimenting with pancake flavors to make breakfasts a little more interesting. Today, I had a box of TruMoo Chocolate Milk in my fridge that I thought would be perfect for Chocolate Milk Pancakes.
TruMoo has just unveiled their new flavor that will only be available for a limited time: Chocolate Marshmallow Milk. Made with fresh milk, it is sweetened with a touch of natural sugar and cocoa. It contains no artificial growth hormones.
Since it is a limited edition, it won’t be around for long! You can find it during the month of February at Target, Walgreens, and other select grocery stores. Try it hot or cold!
These kid-friendly Chocolate Milk Pancakes pair well with a glass of ice-cold chocolate marshmallow milk and fresh fruit. Garnish with a touch of powdered sugar and chocolate syrup for a sweet treat!
Since TruMoo is not overly sweet, these pancakes have just a touch of chocolate milk flavor. For a stronger flavor, you may add a few teaspoons of natural unsweetened cocoa powder. I’m not a big fan of sweets, so the TruMoo chocolate milk is perfect for me.
I actually made this recipe three times before I got the perfect pancake. The first two times, I tried adding vinegar to the chocolate milk to make a chocolate buttermilk. It kind of worked. Since I don’t want to post recipes that “kind of work,” I tweaked and tried the recipe again. This time, I skipped the vinegar completely. Huge difference. The pancakes were so light and fluffy.
For more information about TruMoo, you can visit their Facebook Page or Twitter. TruMoo is also giving away a $500 gift card to Target. The winner will be contacted by e-mail on February 27th, 2014. You may enter below and good luck!
- 1 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and melted butter into the milk. Once combined, slowly add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk until the lumps are nearly gone.
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add about ¼ cup of batter to the preheated griddle. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and continue to cook until browned on the second side.
- Place pancakes on a plate and cover with a towel until all pancakes are done.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”