Mini Chocolate-Dipped Crêpe Dessert Tacos. The name says it all. These mini tacos are so much fun to make and taste absolutely delicious. Plus, who doesn’t like things that come in a mini size? You can keep a batch in the freezer and pop one out whenever you feel that sweet tooth coming on.
There was a lot of trial and error in this recipe. First, I tried to figure out what kind of shell to use. Since it’s a dessert taco, it needed to be something sweet and thinner than a regular tortilla. I started with the idea of a chocolate shell. Pour melted chocolate over something to create that taco-shape, then freeze it.
Since I didn’t want to use a regular tortilla, I thought about my swedish pancakes and that’s when the idea came to me. Use crêpes! I’ll just harden them in the oven to make the taco shell. And I have to say, they came out a lot better than I ever could have imagined!
If you want a truly easy recipe, just buy the store-made crêpes. They are very thin and perfect for this recipe. Then, use a cookie cutter (or in my case a food ring) to punch out little circles. To make the crêpes crisp, drape them over the rack in a preheated 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for a minute or two.
After adding the gelato or ice cream, dip or drizzle the tacos in chocolate, then add the toppings immediately. You have to be quick! These are so much fun to make and even more fun to eat!
- 4 crêpes, store-bought or homemade
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz dark chocolate for dipping
- macadamia nuts
- white chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a cookie cutter, punch out circular shapes from the crêpes. Drape two of the small crêpes over a bar in the rack of your oven. The heat will bend the crêpes around the bar into a taco-shape. After a minute or two, remove the crêpes with a pair of tongs. Do not allow the crêpes to burn in the oven. Repeat with remaining crêpes.
- Place the browned crêpes in a container and into the freezer for about 15 minutes. While allowing the crêpes to cool, gather and prepare your toppings. Crush the macadamia nuts with a rolling pin and set aside. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
- When ready to add the toppings, remove the crêpes and ice cream from the freezer. Using a small spoon, scoop a little ice cream into a taco-shell. Dip the taco in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate over the taco with a spoon. Immediately add the toppings. Place the finished crêpe tacos on a baking sheet and back into the freezer until ready to serve.