This wonderful crunchy salad is absolutely packed with flavor. Lettuce, savoy cabbage, carrots, and radicchio is tossed with green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. It’s then topped with grilled shrimp and drizzled with a creamy and spicy peanut dressing. I could seriously drink the dressing straight out of the container.
Actually, I can’t help but lick the plate.
This recipe is based on my Grilled Chicken Thai Salad that I posted a while ago. We probably have variations of that salad at least twice a week. We’ve tried it with chicken, shrimp, salmon, steak, and even hotdogs. They have all been delicious. Well, maybe the hotdog were a bit of a stretch, but they weren’t too bad.
If you can’t tell, the spicy peanut dressing has to be my all-time favorite salad dressing. Making your own dressing doesn’t have to be a hassle. We usually have all of the ingredients on hand, so I can throw them into a single serve blending cup and have a fresh dressing in seconds.
Next time, try adding rice noodles, edamame, shredded chicken, or even quinoa to this salad. I promise that you’ll want to put this peanut sauce on everything!
- 12 large grilled shrimp
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup peanuts, crushed
- ⅓ cup radicchio, shredded
- 4 baby bell peppers, sliced
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chili peppers, minced (add more for extra heat)
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup water (to thin the dressing)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- Toss the savoy cabbage, radicchio, shredded carrots, cilantro, baby bell peppers, and green onions together in a large bowl. Add the grilled shrimp and top with crushed peanuts. Set aside.
- Add all of of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. For a spicier dressing, add additional minced red chili peppers or Sriracha. Add just enough water to thin the dressing to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the spicy peanut dressing over the salad and serve immediately.