This creamy sauce is excellent on chicken, tofu, or even pasta. I even used it in my Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken Spring Roll recipe!
Spicy Red Curry Peanut Sauce
Author: That Oven Feelin'
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 4 oz. red curry paste
- 13.5 oz. light coconut milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 2 tbs. ground fresh chili paste
- 2 tbs. sriracha (or other hot chili sauce)
- 1 tbs. crushed roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, heat the peanut oil over medium/high heat. Add the red curry paste and sauté a few minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and whisk until the curry paste is incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
Be sure to taste the sauce and adjust the ingredients accordingly. Add more chili paste and sriracha for a spicier sauce.