Dive into a comforting casserole loaded with succulent chicken, creamy soup, crispy bacon, tangy ranch, fluffy biscuit dough, and oodles of melted cheese. A quick-fix wonder for your dinner table!
Once upon a time in the quaint town of Casserolopolis, Grandma Bev had an insatiable craving for a dish that combined the essence of Sunday roast chicken, the comfort of grandma’s biscuits, and the indulgence of cheese-loaded bacon. Inspired by memories of family gatherings and the aroma of her kitchen, she whipped up the first-ever Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole. It was an immediate sensation in town, known for its delightful blend of textures and flavors. It became the go-to dish for potlucks, family feasts, and those “I just need a comforting hug in the form of food” days. Fast forward a few years, and here we are, sharing Grandma Bev’s legendary recipe with the world, hoping to sprinkle a bit of Casserolopolis magic into your homes.
The Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole isn’t just another chicken casserole. Oh no, honey! This dish is:
- Hassle-Free: Ready in just 45 minutes. And yes, that includes both prep and cook time!
- Versatile: Use canned or freshly cooked chicken. Whatever floats your casserole boat.
- Flavor-Packed: Combines the rich creaminess of soup and sour cream with the zesty kick of ranch.
- Texture Galore: Experience the dance of soft biscuits, gooey cheese, and crispy bacon in every bite.
- Crowd-Pleaser: Loved by kids, adults, and the picky eaters in-between.
Ingredients for Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole:
- Chicken: You can opt for leftover rotisserie, boiled, or even canned chicken. The versatility is the charm!
- Cream of Chicken Soup: Adds that perfect creamy consistency and depth of flavor. Feel free to explore with cream of mushroom or celery for a twist.
- Biscuits: The Grands Jr Biscuits lend that soft, doughy delight to the dish, but you can use any refrigerated biscuit dough you love.
- Ranch Dressing Mix: This gives the dish its zesty kick. If you’re in a pinch, DIY a mix with dried herbs and spices you have at hand.
- Cheese: Because cheese makes everything better, but you can use any melty cheese of choice.
How to make Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole:
Preparation: Before anything, preheat that oven of yours to 350°. Grab a 9 x 13-inch pan and give it a gentle spray with cooking spray. This ensures your casserole doesn’t stick and you get all the gooey goodness in your tummy, not on the pan.
Mixing Goodness: In a big mixing bowl, unite the chicken, soup, sour cream, that 1 cup of grated cheese, Ranch dressing mix, and bacon. This is where the magic happens.
Biscuit Fun: Now, for some biscuit action! Grab each biscuit and cut them into 4 lovely pieces. Throw them into the chicken mix. This adds pockets of fluffy delight in every bite.
Layering: Pour that glorious chicken mixture into your prepared pan. But wait, there’s more! Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top. Because, well, cheese.
Bake Time: Slide the pan into the oven and let it bake for 25-35 minutes. You’re looking for a bubbly mix and golden-brown biscuits.
Storage Options Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole:
Once you’ve had your fill (if you can resist eating it all), let the casserole cool down. You can then cover it with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Need to store longer? Freeze individual portions for up to a month. Reheat in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Variations & Substitutions:
Vegetarian Take: Swap out chicken for mushrooms or tofu. Ditch the bacon or use a veggie alternative.
Spice it Up: Add some green chilies or jalapeños for a kick.
Alternative Meats: Turkey or ham can make a delightful alternative to chicken.
Dairy-free: Use dairy-free cheese and a dairy-free sour cream alternative.
Hope this makes your casserole journey a touch more magical and tickles those taste buds just right! And remember, every bite is a trip down to Casserolopolis! 😉🥘
Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole
- 3 cups of chicken cooked and chopped
- 2 cans of our beloved cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1 cup of your favorite grated cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup of bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 12 oz can of refrigerator Grands Jr Biscuits
- First things first, crank that oven up to a toasty 350°. Get your trusty 9 x 13-inch pan and give it a quick spray with cooking spray. We’re setting the stage for greatness!
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in your chicken, that dreamy cream of chicken soup, sour cream, your 1 cup of cheese (remember, we’re saving some for later), the Ranch dressing mix, and the star of the show – bacon. Mix ’em up until everyone’s good friends.
- Now, for the fun part! Take those biscuits, pop them out, and chop each one into 4 quarters. It’s like a mini biscuit pizza party! Mix these biscuit bits into your chicken concoction.
- Gently pour this delicious mixture into your prepped pan. Spread it out evenly, giving each corner some love.
- Remember that extra cheese? Shower it generously over the top. It’s like the cherry on top, but cheesier.
- Slide your masterpiece into the oven and let it bake for 25-35 minutes. What you’re looking for? That bubbly, golden look that screams, “Eat me!”