TikTok Chicken Cobbler Recipe: A trendy twist on classic comfort food, featuring shredded chicken, peas and carrots, and a delectable Cheddar Bay biscuit topping. Quick and easy, it’s a savory delight perfect for cozy family dinners.
Once upon a time in my kitchen, the TikTok Chicken Cobbler recipe was just an experiment inspired by the endless scrolling through TikTok. I remember the day well. The rain was tapping against the window, and the house felt a bit gloomy. That’s when I decided to light up the mood with something new and exciting for dinner. The viral recipe on TikTok had caught my eye multiple times, and it promised a comforting mix of savory chicken and a golden, biscuit-topped cobbler. My family was skeptical at first, thinking it was just another online fad, but the aromas wafting from the oven soon had them gathered around in anticipation. The first bite was a revelation – the perfect balance of creamy and savory, with a biscuit top that was to die for. It was a hit, turning a dull day into a heartwarming family gathering, all thanks to a trending recipe from TikTok.
Why You’ll Love This TikTok Chicken Cobbler
TikTok Chicken Cobbler stands out with its unique blend of classic comfort and trendy, social media-inspired culinary creativity.
First, it transforms the traditional chicken pot pie into something novel yet familiar, appealing to both adventurous and traditional palates.
The recipe is incredibly simple and straightforward, perfect for busy weeknights or when you need a comforting meal without the fuss. Its use of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix adds a gourmet twist, elevating the dish from a simple casserole to a dish with a touch of restaurant-quality flair.
Plus, the layered assembly ensures that each component retains its distinct flavor and texture, creating a delightful taste experience in every bite.
Ingredients Notes For TikTok Chicken Cobbler
The TikTok Chicken Cobbler recipe is a symphony of simple yet flavorful ingredients, each playing a crucial role in creating this comforting dish. Let’s delve into some key notes about these ingredients:
- Shredded Chicken: The backbone of the dish, providing protein and heartiness. Opt for pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for convenience.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots: A colorful veggie duo that adds sweetness and texture. Frozen is great for ease and year-round availability.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a subtle, aromatic depth without overpowering the other flavors.
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix: The star ingredient that gives this dish its unique twist. It brings a cheesy, buttery richness to the topping.
- Milk & Chicken Stock: These liquids meld with the biscuit mix, creating a creamy, savory base that turns into a thick, gravy-like sauce during baking.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: This creamy soup acts as a thickener and flavor enhancer, enriching the cobbler with a silky texture.
- Unsalted Butter: Adds richness and helps in creating a golden crust. Opt for unsalted to control the overall saltiness of the dish.
- Seasonings: Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper are essential for seasoning the dish to perfection.
The TikTok Chicken Cobbler recipe is a journey of simple steps leading to a delightful and hearty meal. Each step is designed to maximize flavor while ensuring a foolproof cooking experience. Here’s a breakdown:
- Preheating and Butter Melting: Start by preheating your oven and melting butter in your baking dish. This step not only prepares the dish for the cobbler layers but also infuses the chicken with a rich, buttery flavor.
- Layering Chicken and Vegetables: After the butter has melted, arrange the shredded chicken and then the peas and carrots over it. This layering ensures that each ingredient cooks evenly and absorbs the buttery goodness.
- Seasoning: Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. This not only seasons the chicken and vegetables but also starts building layers of flavor.
- Biscuit Mix Layer: Mixing the biscuit mix with milk and pouring it over creates the cobbler’s signature topping. It’s crucial not to mix the layers to maintain distinct textures.
- Adding Soup and Stock Mixture: Whisking the cream of chicken soup with chicken stock and layering it over the biscuit mix introduces another level of creamy, savory flavor, setting the stage for a moist and tender cobbler top.
- Baking to Perfection: Baking uncovered allows the top to get that desirable golden-brown crust. Remember, it will be runny at first but thickens upon resting, resulting in a perfect gravy-like consistency.
The TikTok Chicken Cobbler is as friendly in storage as it is in taste. Once you have enjoyed your meal, let any leftovers cool completely. Then, you can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. The cobbler reheats beautifully in the oven or microwave, making it a convenient option for quick lunches or dinners. For longer storage, freeze the cobbler in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat, adding a splash of milk or stock if needed to refresh the flavors. Remember, the biscuit topping may soften a bit upon reheating, but it’ll still be delicious!
Variations and Substitutions
The TikTok Chicken Cobbler is a versatile recipe that can be easily adapted to suit different tastes and dietary needs. Here are some creative variations and substitutions:
- Protein Swap: Not a chicken fan? No problem! Try using turkey, pork, or even a vegetarian protein like tofu or a meat substitute.
- Veggie Varieties: Mix up the vegetables by adding corn, green beans, or bell peppers for a different flavor profile.
- Biscuit Mix Alternatives: If you can’t find Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix, any pre-made biscuit mix will do. Add a pinch of garlic powder and shredded cheese to replicate the original flavor.
- Dairy-Free Options: For a dairy-free version, use plant-based milk and a dairy-free butter substitute. There are also dairy-free cream soups available for the creamy layer.
- Gluten-Free Adaptation: To make this gluten-free, opt for a gluten-free biscuit mix and check that all other ingredients are gluten-free, especially the cream of chicken soup.
- Spice It Up: For those who like a bit of heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper or some diced jalapeños to the chicken layer.
With these tips and tricks, the TikTok Chicken Cobbler can easily become a regular in your meal rotation, adaptable to whatever you have on hand or whatever your dietary needs may be! 🍲👩🍳🥕🍗
TikTok Chicken Cobbler
- Chicken cooked and shredded: 3 cups
- Peas and carrots frozen: 1 (12 oz) bag
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cheddar Bay biscuit mix Red Lobster brand: 2 cups
- Milk: 2 cups
- Chicken stock: 2 cups
- Cream of chicken soup: 1 10.5 oz can
- Butter unsalted: 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Kosher salt: to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground: to taste
- Oven Preheating: Initiate by preheating the oven to a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
- Butter Melting: Place the unsalted butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Insert the dish into the preheating oven, allowing the butter to melt.
- Assembly of Chicken and Vegetables: Once the butter has melted, extract the pan from the oven. Arrange the shredded chicken in an even layer atop the melted butter. Subsequently, disseminate the frozen peas and carrots over the chicken. Season the layer with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Preparation of Biscuit Layer: In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the milk with the Cheddar Bay biscuit mix. Gently pour this mixture over the chicken and vegetables, taking care not to disturb the underlying layers.
- Soup and Stock Mixture: Utilizing the same bowl (now empty), whisk together the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock. Carefully pour this blend over the previously added biscuit layer, ensuring the layers remain distinct.
- Baking: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for a duration of 45-50 minutes. Upon completion, the mixture will appear runny but will solidify into a gravy-like consistency upon resting.
- Resting and Serving: Allow the dish to sit for 15 minutes post baking. This resting period is crucial for the mixture to attain the desired consistency. Serve thereafter.