This peanut butter cup granola is perfect to sprinkle on top of vanilla yogurt or eaten alone by the handful. It’s made with kitchen staples, so you won’t have to make an extra trip to the store. The chocolate makes the granola slightly sweet, so it’s great to satisfy that sweet tooth as well!
You can also add nuts or dried fruit to this granola. It’s super-easy to make and just as easy to customize to your liking. For a less chocolate-y granola, leave out the cocoa powder. Or, for a stronger peanut butter flavor, drizzle some hot peanut butter over the granola before serving.
If you add the chocolate chips while the granola is still warm, they will melt and create large clusters of granola. If you add them after the granola has cooled, they will keep their shape. I prefer to let them melt and create large ooey gooey clumps.
Then add some more after it’s cooled…
This peanut butter cup granola is perfect as a snack. Elliott and I couldn’t stop popping clusters of granola into our mouths as we walked by the container. It’s so addicting.
I think we managed to eat the entire container within a couple of days.
I’ll be posting variations of this granola recipe over the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled to That Oven Feelin’ for more savory and sweet granola recipes!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats with the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter over medium heat. Stir constantly until the peanut butter has melted and the ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats. Stir until combined. Pour the oat mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack and stir in the chocolate chips. Allow to cool for 30 to 45 minutes. Transfer to ain airtight container for storage.