Indulge in the harmonious blend of cream cheese, sharp cheddar, cranberries, pecans, and green onions. This Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball recipe is the delightful twist your crackers have been waiting for!
Ah, the holidays! A time when the kitchen becomes the star of the house, and secret family recipes are unveiled. It was during one such occasion, at Aunt Clara’s annual Christmas soiree, that I first tasted this delectable Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball. The smooth creaminess of the cheese combined with the tangy cranberries and the crunchy pecans was an instant hit with my taste buds. I must’ve had an “I NEED this recipe” look because Aunt Clara, with a chuckle, handed me a stained recipe card, saying, “It’s time for the next generation.” I’ve added my own little touches here and there since, but the essence remains Aunt Clara’s. Now, every time I serve it, I’m enveloped with warm memories of those festive nights at her cosy home.
Why You’ll Love Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball:
You’re in for a treat! Here’s why this Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball stands out:
- Swift & Simple: Ready in just 30 minutes with no-fuss ingredients.
- Versatile: Perfect for all occasions, whether it’s a holiday gathering or a weekend snack attack.
- Crowd-Pleaser: The tantalizing combination of sweetness from the cranberries and the rich texture of pecans is hard to resist.
- No Cutlery Drama: Grab a cracker, scoop, and munch. It’s that easy!
Ingredients Notes For Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball:
- Cream Cheese: Opt for full-fat cream cheese to achieve that rich and creamy texture.
- Sharp Cheddar: This adds a beautiful depth of flavour. However, if you’re not a fan, medium cheddar works too.
- Dried Cranberries: These jewels add a delightful sweetness. Be sure they’re free from any added sugars.
- Pecans: Toasting them slightly before using can elevate the nutty flavour.
- Green Onions: These add a fresh crunch. Remember, they’re optional but highly recommended.
- Crackers: The world’s your oyster here – choose from wheat, multigrain, or even gluten-free.
How You’ll Love Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball:
Let’s roll into this cheese ball adventure!
- Step 1: Begin by ensuring your cream cheese is softened. This makes the mixing process smoother than a Sinatra tune.
- Step 2: In a sizable mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, sharp cheddar, dried cranberries, pecans, and green onions. Aim for a uniform consistency where every scoop promises a burst of flavours.
- Step 3: Once blended, channel your inner sculptor and shape the mixture into a ball. Embrace the imperfections; they add character!
- Step 4: Roll this cheese masterpiece in additional chopped pecans. This not only gives it an aesthetic finish but also an added crunch.
- Step 5: Choose your cracker sidekick and dive in. There’s no wrong way to enjoy it!
Should you miraculously have leftovers (highly unlikely!), wrap your cheese ball in cling wrap and pop it in the fridge. It’ll stay good for up to a week. Planning ahead? You can also freeze this beauty. Just ensure it’s well-wrapped to avoid any freezer burn.
Variations and Substitutions:
Variety is the spice of life, right?
- Nuts: Not a pecan fan? Swap them out for walnuts or almonds.
- Dried Fruits: Raisins or dried apricots can be a delightful substitute for cranberries.
- Cheese: Feel like mixing things up? Try adding some feta or blue cheese to the mix.
- Vegan? There are vegan versions of cream cheese and cheddar available in most supermarkets. Just replace, mix, and enjoy!
Hope this cheesy adventure adds a delightful twist to your culinary tales. Crack on! 😉
Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball
- Cream Cheese softened: 8 oz (225 g)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded: 1 ½ cups (150 g)
- Dried Cranberries: ⅓ cup 40 g
- Pecans finely chopped: ⅓ cup (40 g), with additional for exterior coating
- Green Onions sliced: ¼ cup (50 g)
- Crackers: Suitable amount for serving
- Begin by ensuring the cream cheese has been adequately softened to room temperature to facilitate the mixing process.
- In a mixing bowl of suitable size, integrate the cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, pecans, and green onions. It’s imperative to achieve a homogeneous blend to ensure the consistency and flavour are uniform throughout.
- Once the mixture has been adequately combined, shape it diligently into a spherical formation.
- Subsequently, coat the formed ball uniformly with the additional finely chopped pecans to provide a refined exterior texture.
- Serve the cheese ball with an assortment of crackers as deemed appropriate.
- It is recommended to consume immediately for optimal taste and texture, but if storing, ensure proper refrigeration.