Savor the delectable fusion of tender chicken, luxurious white wine Parmesan sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta. Main ingredients: chicken breasts, spaghetti, white wine, Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream.
Oh boy, where do I begin with this recipe? It takes me back to a hilarious night during my backpacking trip in Italy. After a day full of misadventures, I ended up in a nondescript trattoria in Rome. Starving and with my broken Italian, I somehow ordered something I hoped was chicken and pasta. To my surprise, the dish was a symphony of flavors, and this Creamy Chicken Pasta is my attempt to recreate that. It might not have the Roman backdrop, but it sure transports me back every time!
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe:
When you think of a dish that screams ‘restaurant quality’ yet is so simple that even your pet could probably give it a go (okay, maybe not), this is it. A recipe that gets your taste buds doing the cha-cha in under 30 minutes? Count me in. Plus, it’s versatile! Want to impress on date night? Check. Need to convince the kids you’re a masterchef? Double check. It’s the culinary equivalent of a Swiss army knife, handy in just about every situation.
Ingredient Notes For Creamy Chicken Pasta:
- Chicken: Opt for boneless and skinless for a tender bite. Thin slices ensure even cooking.
- Spaghetti: Ensure it’s al dente; nobody likes mushy pasta. And remember, always salt your pasta water; it’s the key to flavor town.
- White Wine: Choose a good quality wine. If you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it!
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly shredded is best; avoid the pre-packaged variety for a more authentic taste.
- Heavy Cream: This is the heart of the sauce; it adds that rich, creamy texture that makes this dish an indulgence.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Pasta:
Chicken Preparation: Commence by horizontally slicing the chicken breasts to achieve thin pieces. If available, directly utilize thin chicken breasts. Absorb any moisture from the chicken using paper towels.In a spacious mixing bowl, amalgamate flour, seasonings, and spices. Immerse each chicken piece in the mixture, ensuring both sides are generously coated. Reserve for subsequent steps.
Chicken Cooking Process: Warm olive oil in a sizable skillet over a medium-high flame. As the oil reaches its optimal temperature, introduce the chicken pieces. Allow each side to attain a golden-brown hue, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Once fully cooked, set the chicken aside.
Sauce Creation: In the remnants of the skillet, integrate butter, onion, and garlic. Saute until they achieve translucency. Introduce scallions and tomatoes for added flavor. Sprinkle flour, ensuring it’s thoroughly blended.Incorporate the cream, wine, and an assortment of seasonings to the skillet. Once a consistent simmer is achieved, introduce the Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until a harmonious blend is formed.
Pasta: Cook your pasta as indicated on the packaging, ensuring a firm yet edible texture. Upon completion, drain the water, taking care not to rinse the pasta.
Final Steps: Introduce the freshly cooked pasta into the sauce, stirring gently on low heat. Once integrated, reintroduce the chicken, allowing all elements to amalgamate for approximately 5 minutes. Before serving, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese serves as an impeccable garnish.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This dish retains its flavor for up to 3 days. To reheat, a brief stint in the microwave or on the stove should do the trick, although adding a dash of cream can help rejuvenate the sauce.
Variations & Substitutions:
Feeling adventurous? Swap chicken for shrimp or even tofu for a vegetarian twist. Not a wine aficionado? Chicken broth serves as a commendable substitute. For those wanting some added greens, spinach or arugula can be a delightful addition. And if you’re looking to turn up the heat, a dash of cayenne pepper should get those taste buds dancing!
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably thin slices or 2 thick breasts, halved horizontally and dried with paper towels)
- 50 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of refined olive oil
- 340 grams of spaghetti
White Wine Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion Alternatively, utilize ½ of a standard-sized onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes meticulously diced
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 250 ml of heavy cream
- 250 ml of white wine preferably of superior quality
- 115 grams of Parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of salt adjust to preference
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Chicken Preparation: Commence by ensuring the chicken breasts are appropriately sliced. If required, halve them horizontally to achieve the desired thickness. Drying the chicken with paper towels is imperative to remove any excess moisture.
- In a deep bowl, meticulously combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Submerge each chicken breast in the mixture, ensuring an even coat on both surfaces. Once completed, set aside.
- Chicken Cooking Procedure: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil reaches its optimal temperature, introduce the chicken breasts. Cook each side until a golden-brown hue is achieved, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Following this, place the chicken in a separate dish for subsequent use.
- Sauce Preparation: In the residual oil in the skillet, introduce the butter, finely diced yellow onion, and minced garlic. Sauté until the ingredients attain a translucent quality. Following this, incorporate the scallions and tomatoes. Sprinkle the flour and blend thoroughly to ensure even distribution.
- Gradually introduce the heavy cream, wine, and the selected seasonings into the skillet. Once a consistent blend is achieved, add the freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until a harmonious consistency is formed.
- Pasta Cooking Procedure: In a large pot, boil the spaghetti as per the manufacturer’s guidance, ensuring it retains a firm texture. Once cooked, drain the water and avoid rinsing the pasta to retain its starch.
- Final Assembly: Transfer the cooked pasta to the skillet containing the sauce, gently merging the two over low heat. Subsequently, place the chicken over the pasta and let the ensemble simmer for an additional duration of 5 minutes. Prior to serving, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese if so desired.