Dive into a heavenly blend of breakfast sausage, creamy cheese, and zesty Rotel tomatoes wrapped in flaky crescent rolls. A bite-sized burst of flavors in every crescent! Just four ingredients to gastronomic joy.
Remember those old Saturday morning cartoons? They’re still my guilty pleasure. One lazy Saturday, after binging on a nostalgia spree of animated capers, I decided to make something that combined my childhood favorites: sausages, cheese, and the warmth of crescent rolls. Inspired by my mom’s kitchen experiments and a can of Rotel tomatoes (don’t ask why it was there, I still don’t know), the “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” was born! It became the snack of choice for those cartoon binge weekends, and guess what? It’s not just for cartoons anymore! Now, every time there’s a gathering or a game night, these crescents take center stage. And oh boy, they disappear faster than a superhero racing to save the day!
Why You’ll Love This “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” Recipe:
Ever crave a dish that brings the comfort of breakfast, the zing of appetizers, and the handiness of finger food all in one? Meet the “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents”. With a melange of flavors packed into a convenient crescent roll, it’s a dish with versatility – perfect for a cozy breakfast, or as the star of your party appetizer lineup. The contrast of spicy Rotel tomatoes with the creaminess of cheese, all enveloped in a crispy, buttery crescent is an explosion of flavors in every bite. Minimal ingredients with maximum taste, and they’re so simple to make, even your pet could almost do it (just kidding, don’t let them near the oven)!
Ingredient Notes for “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” Recipe:
Alright, foodie fam, here’s the lowdown on our ingredients.
The breakfast sausage? Go wild! Choose spicy, mild, or even a meat alternative.
As for the cream cheese, it’s the binder and the creamy heart of this recipe, but feel free to adjust to your creaminess comfort level.
Rotel tomatoes and green chilies add that spicy kick and a splash of color. Draining them well ensures the crescents aren’t soggy because, well, no one likes a soggy bottom.
Last but not least, the crescent rolls. Store-bought saves time, but if you’re feeling all Martha Stewart-ish, homemade is divine!
Detailed Steps for “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” Recipe:
Let’s get this culinary party started!
Step 1: Start by preheating that oven to 375ºF. This ensures your crescents bake evenly and puff up to perfection.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl that’s seen many a batter battle, combine your cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage, that oh-so-soft cream cheese, and those drained Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Give them a good mix until they look like they’re best friends.
Step 3: Now, unroll those crescent rolls. Feel the anticipation? Cut each triangle in half lengthwise. You’re aiming for two slender triangles from each roll. Think more Eiffel Tower, less Pyramid.
Step 4: Here comes the fun part. With a small cookie scoop (or a generous tablespoon), heap that glorious filling onto the wider end of each triangle. Now roll it up towards the pointed end, kind of like wrapping up a snug little blanket of yumminess.
Step 5: Place them on your baking sheet and let them bake for about 15 minutes. What you want is that perfect golden brown hue. When they achieve that sun-kissed look, they’re ready!
Storage Options for “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” Recipe
Storage is crucial, especially if by some bizarre twist of fate there are leftovers. Pop them in an airtight container and they’ll be good in the fridge for up to 3 days. Planning ahead? These bad boys are freezer-friendly. Just freeze before baking, then pop in the oven when those cravings hit. Remember, fresh is best, but refrigerated crescents on a lazy day? Also delightful.
Variations and Substitutions for “Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents” Recipe
Variety’s the spice of life, right? If you’re looking to jazz things up, consider these:
- Sausage: Opt for spicy Italian, chorizo, or even a veggie version for our plant-loving pals.
- Cream Cheese: Swap with ricotta or even mascarpone for a slightly different creamy texture.
- Rotel Tomatoes: Can’t find Rotel? Any canned diced tomatoes with green chilies will do. Feeling fiery? Add some jalapeños!
- Crescent Rolls: Gluten-free rolls or puff pastry can work wonders here.
And there you have it! A crescent of dreams that’s as versatile as your Netflix watchlist. Happy munching!
Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage adequately cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese brought to room temperature
- 10 oz. can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies ensuring it’s thoroughly drained
- 2 cans 8 oz. each of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preparation of Oven: Commence by setting the oven to preheat at a temperature of 375ºF. Ensure even heat distribution for optimal baking.
- Mixing of Ingredients: In a sufficiently large mixing bowl, meticulously combine the pre-cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage, room temperature cream cheese, and the well-drained Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. It is imperative to achieve a uniform mixture.
- Preparation of Crescent Rolls: Carefully unroll the crescent rolls. With precision, bisect each triangle in half along its length, resulting in two elongated triangles.
- Filling: Employing a small cookie scoop or a precise tablespoon measurement, place an adequate quantity of the earlier prepared sausage mixture on the broader end of each triangle. Subsequently, roll the dough towards its pointed terminus, ensuring the filling remains encased.
- Baking: Arrange the filled crescents on a baking sheet, taking care to space them evenly. Place the sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. The crescents should attain a golden-brown coloration indicative of their readiness. Once achieved, remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.