Unearth the delightful fusion of rich cocoa, velvety salted caramel, and classic sugar cookie vibes. Dive into a dessert experience that’s irresistibly sweet, salty, and chocolaty!
Ah, the magic of accidental kitchen experiments! It was on a Sunday, years ago, when my culinary curiosity got the better of me. I was yearning for a treat that wasn’t just another cookie or brownie. My gaze wandered across a bottle of caramel coffee creamer and a new bag of cocoa powder. Inspiration struck! I thought, “Why not blend the warmth of caramel with the richness of chocolate?” And thus, these mesmerizing cookie bars came to life. The first bite was an epiphany – the kind where time slows down, and the only sound is “Mmm…” Now, every time there’s a family gathering, there’s a subtle hint dropped, “Remember those chocolaty caramel thingies you made that one time?” Oh, I remember.
Why You’ll Love Salted Caramel Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars:
Why should you give these bars a whirl? Well, let me tell you:
- Ease of Creation: One pan, one glorious result. You get to channel your inner culinary genius without turning your kitchen upside down.
- Flavor Explosion: This isn’t just another sugar cookie. It’s an encounter between deep cocoa, sweet caramel, and that surprise hint of sea salt that makes your taste buds dance.
- Texture Heaven: The softness of the cookie base paired with the creamy frosting? Absolute perfection!
Ingredient Notes For Salted Caramel Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars:
- Unsalted Butter: Gives the bars that rich, melt-in-the-mouth texture. Ensure it’s softened for best results.
- Caramel Coffee Creamer: The secret touch! But if you don’t have it on hand, milk works just fine (though you’ll miss out on a tad bit of that caramel magic).
- Dark Cocoa Powder: Responsible for the deep, chocolaty character. You can almost hear it whispering sweet nothings.
- Salted Caramel Frosting: This is where the magic turns real. It’s the crown atop our royal cookie bar.
- Coarse Ground Sea Salt: A pinch that packs a punch, balancing out the sweet and bringing forth that addictive salty kick.
Warm Up: Kick things off by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. And oh, give your 9×13 pan a nice little spray of nonstick baking love.
Butter Bliss: Grab your butter and sugars. Whip them until they’re dreamily creamy. Then, serenade in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Beat again, feel the rhythm.
Dough Delight: In a separate universe, or just another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Now, like a romantic waltz, slowly introduce this mix to the butter realm. Dance until a soft dough emerges.
Pan Press: Treat your prepared pan to a layer of this dough. Even it out, ensuring every nook and cranny feels the love. Let it sunbathe in the oven for about 14-15 minutes. But don’t let it tan for too long. Once out, let it chill and find its zen.
Frost & Finalize: Time to pamper! Spread a generous layer of that luscious salted caramel frosting atop. For the adventurous souls, a sprinkle of sea salt is recommended. And then, create 24 little bars of heaven. Voilà!
Enjoyed the baking but couldn’t finish them all? No worries! Store these little treasures in a sealed container to ensure they remain fresh. They should be perfect for about a week, but I’d be amazed if they last that long without being devoured!
Variations and Substitutions:
- Cheese, Please: A cream cheese frosting can stand in for the caramel one if you’re feeling experimental.
- Milk Type: Almond or oat milk can replace the caramel coffee creamer if you’re leaning towards a nuttier or dairy-free version.
- Spice It Up: Introduce a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough for that added warmth.
- Choco-Overload: Feeling indulgent? Mix in some chocolate chips!
Remember, dear reader, the kitchen is your stage, and you are the star. Play around, have fun, and let your taste buds lead the way! 🍫🍪🤤
Salted Caramel Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg large
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of caramel coffee creamer alternative: milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 Batch of Salted Caramel Frosting
- Coarse ground sea salt optional
- Preparation: Begin by preheating the oven to a temperature of 375°F. Thoroughly spray a 9×13 baking pan with a non-stick baking spray.
- Mixing: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until a smooth consistency is achieved. Subsequently, incorporate the large egg, vanilla extract, and either the caramel coffee creamer or milk into the mixture, ensuring thorough mixing.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, dark cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Once sifted, methodically combine the dry ingredients with the previously prepared butter mixture, ensuring that a consistent dough is formed.
- Baking: Transfer the dough to the pre-sprayed baking pan, ensuring that it is evenly spread across the entire surface of the pan. Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 14-15 minutes, taking care to avoid over-baking. Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow the contents to cool to room temperature.
- Finishing Touches: Once cooled, uniformly spread the Salted Caramel Frosting over the surface. If desired, a sprinkling of coarse ground sea salt can be added for enhanced flavor. Conclude by dividing the contents into 24 individual bars and store them in an airtight container for optimum freshness.