Indulge in the heartwarming flavors of the Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake, a delightful recipe blending savory Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Crumbles, smooth cream cheese, and buttery crescent rolls. A simple yet satisfying dish perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Remember those chilly Sunday mornings when the aroma of something delicious would gently coax you out of bed? That’s the charm of this Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake. Growing up, this was more than just a recipe in our family; it was a weekend ritual, a symbol of cozy mornings and cheerful chatter. My mom, a wizard in the kitchen, would effortlessly whip up this casserole, transforming the humble ingredients into a dish that was devoured in minutes but remembered for a lifetime. Whether it’s a family gathering or a quiet morning, this recipe wraps you in warmth and nostalgia, just like a hug from Mom.
Why This Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake Stand Out?
- Effortless Elegance: With only three main ingredients, this recipe is the epitome of simplicity meets sophistication. It’s perfect for those who want to impress without the stress.
- Versatility: Whether it’s a lazy weekend breakfast, a brunch centerpiece, or a quick weeknight dinner, this dish fits beautifully into any meal plan.
- Crowd Pleaser: The combination of savory sausage and creamy cheese tucked inside golden crescent rolls is a flavor match made in heaven that appeals to all ages.
- Time-Saver: With a prep time of just 5 minutes and a total time of 25 minutes, this dish is your go-to for a delicious meal when time is of the essence.
Crafting the perfect Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake starts with understanding your ingredients. Let’s dive into the flavorful world of this recipe.
- Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Crumbles: A star ingredient, offering a savory and hearty flavor. Feel free to experiment with different sausage flavors or brands to suit your palate.
- Cream Cheese: This brings a rich, creamy texture to balance the sausage’s robustness. Opt for full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor.
- Crescent Rolls: These are the golden, flaky base and top of your bake. They should be fresh and refrigerated for easy handling.
How To Make Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake
Let’s break down the Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake into simple, easy-to-follow steps.
- Preheat & Prepare: Start by preheating your oven to 375°F. This ensures your bake cooks evenly.
- Cook Filling: Combine the sausage crumbles and cream cheese in a pot over low heat. Stir until they’re well combined and warm, creating a creamy, savory filling.
- Prepare Base Dough: Unroll one package of crescent roll dough onto a greased pan. Pinch the seams together to create a solid base with no gaps.
- Add Filling: Spread the warm sausage and cream cheese mixture evenly over the base dough layer. This layering is key to every bite being packed with flavor.
- Top Layer Dough: Unroll the second dough package and place it over the filling. Carefully pinch the seams of the top and bottom dough layers together, sealing the delicious filling inside.
- Bake to Perfection: Bake for 14-16 minutes until the crust is golden and flaky. The aroma will be irresistible!
- Serve & Enjoy: Let it cool slightly, then serve warm for a mouth-watering experience.
For those rare occasions when you have leftovers of the Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake, you’re in luck because it stores beautifully!
- Refrigeration: Wrap it up in foil or place it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: If you’re planning ahead, this bake freezes well. Once cooled, wrap it tightly and freeze. It will be your emergency indulgence for up to a month.
- Reheating: A quick stint in the oven or microwave will bring back its fresh-baked glory. Remember, the key is to heat it just enough, not overdo it.
Variations & Substitutions
Flexibility is the name of the game with the Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake. Here are some variations and substitutions to keep it exciting every time.
- Switch the Sausage: Not a pork fan? Substitute with turkey or chicken sausage for a lighter version.
- Cheese Variations: Swap cream cheese with ricotta or a blend of cheddar and mozzarella for a different cheesy twist.
- Vegetarian Option: Skip the sausage and opt for a mix of sautéed vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Spice It Up: Add a dash of red pepper flakes or a spoonful of salsa to the filling for an extra kick.
Remember, cooking is all about making a recipe your own. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your family’s new favorite variation of this classic dish!
Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Bake
- Two packages of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Crumbles each weighing 9.6 ounces
- Eight ounces of cream cheese
- Two packages of crescent rolls each weighing 8 ounces
- Preparation of Oven: Initiate by preheating the oven to a temperature of 375°F (190°C). This step is crucial for ensuring uniform cooking.
- Combining Sausage and Cream Cheese: In a medium-sized pot, combine the sausage crumbles and cream cheese. Place the pot over a low heat setting and cook the mixture until it achieves a unified and warm consistency. This step is essential for creating the savory filling of the dish.
- Preparation of Crescent Roll Dough Base: Carefully unroll one package of crescent roll dough onto a greased baking pan. It is imperative to pinch the seams of the dough together, thereby creating a singular, cohesive base layer without any separations.
- Adding the Filling: Evenly distribute the previously prepared warm sausage and cream cheese mixture over the dough layer. This procedure is significant for ensuring a consistent flavor experience in every portion of the bake.
- Adding the Top Layer of Dough: Proceed by unrolling the second package of crescent roll dough. Carefully place this dough over the top of the sausage and cream cheese layer. Pinch the seams together at the top and at the junction with the bottom dough layer, effectively sealing the filling within. This step is pivotal for maintaining the structural integrity of the bake.
- Baking Process: Insert the baking pan into the preheated oven and bake for a duration of 14 to 16 minutes. The aim is to achieve a golden brown and flaky crust, indicative of a properly baked dish.
- Serving: Once baked, remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. It is then ready to be served. This dish is best enjoyed warm, allowing the flavors and textures to be fully appreciated.