My Spiralizer gets a lot of use making pastas and noodles for hot dishes. It’s a great way to replace pasta to create healthier meals. However, raw spiralized dishes can be just as good. This Greek salad is made with cucumber noodles and topped with tomatoes, red onion, olives, bell peppers, and crumbly feta cheese, then tossed in a light vinaigrette.
Each bite is absolutely packed with flavor.
Every element of this salad reminds me of springtime. After a long winter, fresh and light vegetables like these are welcomed in our house.
This winter was not particularly kind on my little outdoor garden though. After the frost reduced my tomato plants to half-dead stumps, I finally replaced them with new and healthy plants. These plants have grown FEET since I planted them. They are filled with little yellow blossoms, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for lots of beautiful tomatoes.
Although I wasn’t able to pick my own tomatoes for this salad, I did find the same heirloom tomatoes from my local grocer. These Cherokee purple tomatoes are part of the beefsteak tomato family, which include varieties that can weigh over a pound.
They are perfect to slice up and add to sandwiches and paninis. My favorite way to eat them is raw with a sprinkling of salt.
I think one of my favorite things about this salad are the vibrant colors.
Or it could be the light and refreshing vinaigrette.
Or the long cucumber noodles in place of the lettuce.
Okay, I think I just love everything about this salad.
This is a quick and healthy salad that is easy to throw together and is sure to impress anyone.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated or pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup kalmata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, olives, and red bell pepper. Add the desired amount of salad dressing and toss to combine.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”