Dive into the delightful world of No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies, a tantalizing blend of sweetened shredded coconut, crunchy pecans, and a caramelized base. A perfect treat without the oven fuss!
Do you remember those cherished moments in the kitchen, the sweet aroma of sugar and vanilla lingering, as Grandma whipped up her famous recipes? Well, it was on one of those sultry summer afternoons when the oven was our sworn enemy, that she introduced me to these gems. The No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies. I remember, between stories of her youth, she would often chuckle saying, “Why bake when you can fake it and still make it delicious?” These cookies became an instant family classic. I’m sharing this treasured recipe so that you too can create memories, without sweating it out over a hot oven!
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies
Ladies and gentlemen, let’s talk about cookie revolution! What if I told you these No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies are the superheroes of the cookie universe?
First, no oven required – a lifesaver for summer baking or those sudden midnight cravings.
Second, the marriage of coconut and pecan in a praline setting? Pure bliss.
Third, they’re quick and easy, ideal for both cookie connoisseurs and kitchen novices. And lastly, the taste is just unforgettable. Need I say more?
Ingredients Notes For No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies:
- Pecans: Opt for fresh, raw pecans. If they’re slightly roasted, it brings out an enhanced nutty flavor.
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut: Adds sweetness and texture, but you can also use unsweetened if you’re watching your sugar intake.
- Evaporated Milk: This adds creaminess. Ensure you’re using evaporated milk, not to be mistaken with condensed milk which is much sweeter.
- Light Corn Syrup: It’s essential for the praline texture but if you’re against it, golden syrup can be a substitute (though it’ll slightly alter the flavor).
- Unsalted Butter: If you only have salted butter, reduce the added salt in the recipe.
How To Make No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies:
Start with a deep breath. We’re diving deep into cookie nirvana. Now:
- Begin with the Caramel Base: In a spacious saucepan, combine sugars, evaporated milk, corn syrup, and butter. Turn up the heat to medium-high. Stir diligently until everything melds into a smooth, creamy concoction. Patience is key! Once it’s all harmonious, let it boil for about 3 minutes.
- Cool Down and Flavor Up: Once you’ve achieved the boiling point, take it off the stove. This is the fun part! Drizzle in that vanilla extract and sprinkle in the salt. Whisk them in until it’s singing aromatic lullabies to your senses.
- Stir in the Stars: Time to introduce the coconut and pecans to the mix. As you fold them in, ensure everything’s drenched and well-incorporated. Keep stirring for a few more minutes. You’ll notice it starting to cool and thicken – that’s your cue!
- Scoop and Set: Now, channel your inner cookie artist. Using a tablespoon or even a small ice cream scoop, dollop down your cookie mountains onto wax paper. It’s a no-bake recipe, so all you need now is patience. Let them set and solidify. If you’re as impatient as me, pop them in the freezer. Once firm, it’s munching time!
These cookies have a pretty laid-back attitude. Once they’re set, place them in an airtight container. If you’re aiming for longevity, the refrigerator is their paradise for up to a week. If you’ve made a mega batch (because why not?), you can even freeze them. Just ensure they’re well-sealed to prevent any freezer burn.
Variations and Substitutions:
Love to experiment? Me too! For a tropical twist, toss in some dried pineapple bits. Not a fan of pecans? Walnuts or almonds are fabulous stand-ins. For those watching their sugar, try swapping regular sugar with coconut sugar or a sugar substitute. And if corn syrup’s not your jam, as mentioned earlier, golden syrup or even honey can work, though the flavor will be slightly different. Embrace the adventure and make these cookies your own!
Remember, my fellow cookie crusaders, every batch tells a story. Whether it’s a tale of a lazy Sunday or a bustling family get-together, these No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies are bound to add a sweet chapter. Happy no-baking! 😉🍪
No-Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies
- 2 cups of pecans
- 2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup or one stick of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a sizeable saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, and unsalted butter. Heat over medium-high temperature, ensuring continuous stirring until the mixture is thoroughly combined and has achieved a uniform consistency.
- Allow the mixture to reach a boil and maintain this state for a duration of 3 minutes. Following this, remove the saucepan from the heating source.
- Immediately introduce the vanilla extract and salt to the mixture, ensuring thorough integration.
- Gradually introduce the shredded coconut and pecans to the saucepan. Ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture by stirring continuously for an additional 3-4 minutes. The mixture will begin to cool and thicken slightly during this time.
- Once the desired consistency has been reached, proceed to portion out the mixture using a tablespoon or a small scoop. Deposit each portion onto baking sheets that have been previously lined with wax paper.
- Allow the cookies to solidify at room temperature. For expedited setting, consider placing them in the freezer. Once solidified, the cookies are ready to be served.