Fall is the perfect season for crock pot recipes and my slow cooker is getting some serious use this year! Although I am a fan of slow cooking beef, I seem to use chicken the most. It’s a lean meat and very easy to slow cook. If you sauté chicken, you have to worry about overcooking and drying out the chicken. With a slow cooker, that’s usually not an issue. That makes this easy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili another perfect weeknight meal.
As you might have noticed, many of the ingredients are similar to my popular Taco Chicken Chili recipe. I removed the tomato sauce and taco seasoning, and added cream cheese. Which one do I like better? I haven’t quite decided. For a lighter option, the Taco Chicken Chili is perfect.
But who doesn’t like a little creamy, cheesy goodness? A splurge is definitely worth it every once and a while.
Okay, okay. I see that the chicken is not perfectly white. As a perfectionist, this annoys me to no end. However, I want my dishes to be flavorful and delicious, so I’ll let it slide. “Almost White Chicken Chili” just doesn’t sound as good.
Neither does “Light Pink Chicken Chili.”
This chili is packed with flavor from seasonings and the diced tomatoes. If you want more heat, find diced tomatoes with peppers or green chilis. The cream cheese adds to the richness of this dish. It’s hard to stop eating after your first plate.
Have you seen my easy tip for quickly shredding chicken? It’s probably the main reason why I have so many shredded chicken slow cooker recipes!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes, any flavor
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large crock pot, add all of the ingredients excluding the cream cheese. Cook on low 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add the 2 packages of cream cheese and the shredded chicken to the crock pot. Mix thoroughly. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted fully.