Indulge in a delightful treat with our Easiest Pineapple Cake, effortlessly whisked using flour, sugar, eggs, and lush crushed pineapple. Top it with a creamy cream cheese frosting for a touch of bliss!
Ah, the story behind this Easiest Pineapple Cake! It takes me right back to those carefree summer vacations at grandma’s house. The tantalizing aroma of fresh pineapple wafting through the house is something I looked forward to every year. Grandma always had a way of making everything seem effortless, her secret? This one-bowl wonder. No oil, no butter, just pure, unadulterated love and, of course, juicy pineapple. I remember sneaking into the kitchen, attempting to steal a slice before it was frosted, and being caught every single time. With a twinkle in her eye, she’d laugh and say, “Patience, darling.” This recipe is not just a delightful dessert, it’s an heirloom, filled with memories of sun-soaked afternoons, laughter, and family.
Why You’ll Love Easiest Pineapple Cake:
Oh, honey! If you’re looking for a pitch on why this cake is the Beyoncé of all pineapple cakes, here it goes.
Firstly, it’s a ONE bowl wonder, that’s right – toss all those ingredients in and let the magic happen!
Secondly, it’s a health-conscious twist with no oil or butter in the batter, making it lighter than your average cake (and your conscience).
Plus, with that zesty cream cheese frosting melting in every bite, you’re embarking on a gastronomic journey where every slice screams decadence without the guilt.
Ingredients Notes For The Easiest Pineapple Cake:
So, about the ingredients! You’re probably thinking, “Crushed pineapple in its own juice? Why not syrup?” The answer is simple: natural juice gives a more authentic and tangy flavor. And always remember, not all flour is created equal – always opt for a good quality all-purpose flour for the fluffiest results. As for the nuts, they’re optional, but hey, who can resist that added crunch? It’s like a delightful little surprise in every bite. Finally, concerning the cream cheese frosting, ensure your cream cheese is softened; it makes a world of difference in achieving that smooth, velvety texture we all crave.
Easy-to-follow Steps To Make The Easiest Pineapple Cake:
Alright, you budding bakers, let’s get down to business.
First, fire up that oven to 350°F, we’re about to bake some memories! In a large bowl, toss in your cake ingredients, and give it a good mix. Think of it as a mini arm workout. Once it’s all blended, lovingly pour this batter into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Pop it into the oven and let it bake to golden perfection for about 35-40 minutes.
While your cake is transforming, let’s whip up that frosting! Start by beating together your butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until it’s smoother than a jazz tune. Slowly, and I mean s-l-o-w-l-y, add in that powdered sugar. You want it silky, not lumpy.
Once your cake has achieved that gorgeous golden hue, pull it out, and while it’s still warm, frost away! Sprinkle some nuts if you’re feeling nutty, and voilà, you’ve just made magic!
Worried about storing this piece of art? Fear not! If by some miracle there’s any left (because, let’s face it, it’s THAT good), you can cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Want to play the long game? You can freeze it too! Just ensure it’s tightly wrapped in cling film and then aluminum foil. When the craving hits, thaw it overnight in the fridge, and it’ll be as good as fresh.
Variations and Substitutions:
Feeling adventurous? Here are some twists!
- If pineapples aren’t your jam, how about trying it with crushed strawberries or even mango?
- Now, for those who are gluten-sensitive, swap out the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free blend.
- Dairy-free folks, there are fantastic vegan cream cheese options out there that would work wonders for the frosting.
- And if nuts aren’t your thing, how about some toasted coconut flakes for that tropical vibe?
Remember, it’s all about making it your own and having fun!
Now, off you go, whisk, bake, and sprinkle some love! 🍍🍰
Easiest Pineapple Cake
- 2 cups of premium quality all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of fine salt
- 1 can 20 oz of crushed pineapple, preserved in its natural juice (ensure no syrup is included)
- 1 cup of finely chopped nuts optional but recommended for texture
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 0.5 cups or one stick of unsalted butter
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- Begin by preheating the oven to precisely 350°F (180°C).
- For the cake batter, amalgamate all the specified ingredients in a clean, large mixing bowl. Ensure the ingredients are mixed thoroughly and uniformly.
- Gently transfer the batter into a pre-greased rectangular baking pan measuring 9×13 inches.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for an approximate duration of 35 to 40 minutes. The cake is adequately baked when its top acquires a deep golden-brown hue.
- As the cake bakes, prepare the cream cheese frosting. Start by creaming together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until the mixture is smooth and devoid of any lumps.
- Gradually introduce the confectioners’ sugar into the mixture, continuously stirring to maintain a smooth consistency.
- Once the cake has been baked to perfection and removed from the oven, allow it to cool slightly. Proceed by uniformly spreading the freshly prepared cream cheese frosting over its surface.
- As a finishing touch, should you wish, evenly sprinkle the finely chopped nuts over the frosted cake.
- It is recommended to let the cake set for a few minutes before serving.